Knab was founded in 2012 because we wanted to do things differently. Simpler, smarter and more advantageous for our customers. Because we believe we can help everyone maximize their financial affairs. "Feel at ease when it comes to your finances. Every day." By combining smart technical solutions with a healthy dose of human intelligence, we create financial services that really meet your needs. Add to that some of the sublime personal service from our employees and you end up with something that's truly unique to the world of finance!
In a nutshell
The role will require strong strategic and business thinking, where you as head of business control play a critical role in the development and execution of knab's strategy. A next career move for a professional with excellent financial skills combined with consultancy experience. This role is also an exciting opportunity for someone entrepreneurial with a passion for building things, coupled with an appreciation for the value that structure, and accountability can bring.
A taste of your activities and responsibilities of your team are;
- Steer the strategic discussions of the bank and advise CFO and Management Board on existing and evolving opportunities and operating/financial issues;
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic and annual business plans in such a way that they are aligned with the company's and brand's strategic direction;
- Development of strategic management plans and manage the Bank's capital position and ensure efficient capital allocation;
- Understand, manage and meet the needs of key stakeholders (Bank, Shareholder, Rating agency and Regulator).
- Identify opportunities to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.;
- Challenge decisions made both within and outside of Finance, that could potentially have an impact on elements of the Finance department or responsibilities it has to the business and organization
- With your team, you help the business come up with pragmatic solutions, and develop business cases for leaders to make informed decisions from, having influence on the final solutions and execution
- Provide accurate forecasts to enable the business to steer and adapt adequately;
- Oversee and further strengthen the FP&A and BMTP cycle;
- Develop, coach, lead and inspire a team of professionals to deliver results
The team consists of 3 business controllers, and 1 cost controller. In this role you will directly report to our CFO Mike de Boer.
- Completed a MSc. in Finance or similar academic programs;
- Proven thought leader with at least 10 years of experience, ideally in consulting, finance, and/or banking industry experience is highly desirable;
- Great storyteller and thinks like a consultant;
- Strategic thinker focused on execution; will roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Excellent stakeholder management skills within all levels of the organization and outside the organization;
- Clear communication and strong interpersonal skills (clearly formulating opinion, showing critical thinking, etc.);
- Self-starter with the ability, agility and motivation for self-learning.
Diversity Statement: Come as you are. Knab is an open workplace with positive vibes. We are inclusive of all nationalities, races and genders. We feel comfortable to bring our authentic whole selves to work and like you to do so too.
Work with us!
If you come to work with us, Knab will become a significant part of your life. Therefore, we make sure the ambiance is just as exciting as your job. Check the benefits!
If you have any questions regarding this role or the process, please feel free to reach out to us!
We don`t collaborate with third parties to fulfill this role.